Sanitary and living conditions for an estimated 2,000 homeless people along Los Angeles’ Skid Row are so severe that the United Nations recently compared them to Syrian refugee camps. How does extreme poverty persist in one of the country’s most expensive real estate markets? NewsHour Weekend Special Correspondent Simon Ostrovsky reports. This is part of an ongoing series of reports called ‘Chasing the Dream,’ which reports on poverty and opportunity in America.
More in CULTURE
- Monsta X releases English version of “Play It Cool”: Stream
- Everything you need to know about the Boeing 737 Max airplane crashes
- Tesla’s customer referral program is back weeks after it was killed off
- Asia’s AnyMind pulls in another $8M and expands into outdoor advertising
- Tame Impala return with new single “Patience”: Stream