Meet Posh Pete, an international cocaine smuggler from leafy Gloucestershire, England, Pieter Tritton became an unlikely international drug kingpin until his arrest in Ecuador in 2005. He spent 9 years in some of the most dangerous prisons in South American before being released in 2015. He was nicknamed ‘Posh Pete’ by his underworld colleagues because of his incongruous appearance and accent. We spoke to Pete about what it was like in one of the world’s scariest prisons, how he became a drug trafficker, and what his life is like now.
More in CULTURE
- Dear Grandparents, Please Don't Offer to Watch Your Grandkids If You Don't Mean It
- Vine reboot Byte begins beta testing
- Here’s how to watch Tesla’s self-driving event today
- Elon Musk says Tesla will allow aggressive Autopilot mode with ‘slight chance of a fender bender’
- Here are Elon Musk’s wildest predictions about Tesla’s self-driving cars